…And Much More
Important parts of your personalized real-world education at City Academy are the extra-curricular experiences and opportunities that round out and enhance your academic learning.
- Science Olympiad Team – An opportunity to pursue your interests in particular fields of science, math, and engineering with your peers or individually as a part of a team. Then, compete against other teams from across the state each spring.
- VEX Robotics Team – Take your coding skills to a new level through work with your team mates to develop a robot and then compete with other teams from across the state.
- Math Team – If you love mathematics work with other students with similar interests and a knowledgeable teacher on fascinating math problems in preparation for the annual Utah state mathematics competition.
- Augmented Reality & Virtual Reality Design – Learn to use the technologies that underpin AR/VR systems to develop applications that can change and impact numerous aspects of our lives.
- Studio Art – Advance your technique in painting, sculpture, graphic design, and more in our studio classes with amazing instructors. Build a portfolio for admissions to art programs, or just for your own satisfaction.
- Theatre – Our Theatre Production program taught by an experienced director provides a theatre experience that allows all interested students to participate at their level of and in their area of interest. 7th-12th grade students act, sing, dance, direct, choreograph, & stage crew; design sets, costumes, make-up, lights, & sound; and/or build and produce sets, props, programs, and promotion for each of our productions each year.
- Music – New this year is our partnership with the world renown Gifted Music School (GMS). Students who wish to study with the excellent GMS teachers can arrange their City Academy schedule to do so. Additionally, GMS instructors will provide group classes for beginning and intermediate City Academy students.
- Advanced and elite athletes who are training and competing outside of school or with another high school program can take full advantage of our flexible scheduling to accommodate individual required schedules.
- Men’s and Women’s City Academy Basketball and Cross-Country Teams compete with the Utah Schools Sports Association (USSA), and we have a coed Junior Jazz Basketball Team.
- At City Academy students always have the opportunity to help form new teams in additional sports for our school.